Sabine Beyerle (* 1975 in Leonberg) studied fine arts with Prof. Hans-Jürgen Diehl at the Berlin University of the Arts. She graduated as a master student there in 2003 and has been working as a freelance artist since 2004.
The artist always works from her own photographic models, which she weaves into a dense, sometimes multi-perspective pictorial complex in her paintings. Realistic depictions combine with painterly elements from the background of the picture. Pourings of colour, structures that take on a life of their own, ornaments and dissolution are always at the beginning of her work. The paintings are mostly devoid of people, but show traces of human activity and thus offer the viewer a kind of empty stage for their own stories.
In addition to her work as a painter, Sabine Beyerle also repeatedly collaborates with various artist collectives on theatre productions, installations and performances.
The artist has received various awards and residency grants, including being artist in residence at Teatro O Bando Palmela, Portugal (2010), Dream Community, Taipei, Taiwan (2011), Islewilde, Art and Performance Festival, Vashon Island, Washington State, USA (2015), Studio Plesungan, Surakarta, Indonesia (2016), and Son of Man Community, Sanyi, Taiwan (2016).
Sabine Beyerle lives and works in Berlin.
Further information on Sabine Beyerle.
Exhibitions (single & group, selection)
- 2022 WIESENSTÜCKE, nüüd.berlin gallery, single exhibition
- 2022 hinundweg, with Daniel Sigloch, Galerie Anja Knoess, Köln
- 2022 »Nuit 2.0«, nüüd.berlin gallery, group exhibition
- 2021 idlewild, galleri NB, Viborg, Denmark, single exhibition
- 2021 Zwischenwelten, Galerie Ute Brennwald, Kiel, single exhibition
- 2021 Licht und Nebel, Galerie 1923, Wattwil, Switzerland, group exhibition
- 2020 Orte, Kunstverein Uelzen, Uelzen, single exhibition
- 2020 Art Karlsruhe, with Galerie Anja Knoess, Karlsruhe
- 2019 Cloud Milking Trees, galleri NB, Viborg, Denmark, single exhibition
- 2019 20 Years, Konsumverein, Braunschweig, group exhibition
- 2018 Safar, Galerie Anja Knoess, Köln, single exhibition
- 2018 Wo ist Philadelphia, Gutshaus Philadelphia, Philadelphia, group exhibition
- 2018 ArtVilnius, with galleri NB, Vilnius, Lithunia
- 2017 Sabine Beyerle & Jochen Twelker, Stellwerk-West, Braunschweig
- 2016 somewhere, Galleria H., Taipeh, Taiwan, single exhibition
- 2015 Shelter, P103 Mischkonzern, Berlin, single exhibition
- 2014 Fliegende Bauten, Kunstverein Niebüll, Richard-Haizmann Museum, Niebüll, single exhibition
- 2013 15. Vilnius Painting Triennale: „Contexts of Painting“, Contemporary Art Center, Vilnius, Litauen, group exhibition
- 2012 Settings, Projektraum Knut Osper, Köl, single exhibition
- 2012 Utopia, Kunstverein Eisenturm, Mainz, group exhibition
- 2011 Raumrauschen, alte Feuerwache, Berlin, single exhibition
- 2010 was kommt – was geht V, Projektraum Knut Osper, Köln, group exhibition
- 2009 Art Karlsruhe, with Galerie 21 and Projektraum Knut Osper, Karlsruhe
- 2008 Zwölf, Haus am Lützowplatz, Berlin
- 2007 Yalla Yalla, Galerie der Dorothea Konwiarz Stiftung, Berlin, single exhibition